Fridays, February 10th through April 7th, in-person at the Heineberg Center.
We are delighted to once again offer *in-person* tax preparation services, sponsored by AARP. Appointments will be available on Fridays from February 10th through April 7th, on the hour at 10 am, 11 am, 12 pm, and 1 pm. At the conclusion of your appointment, your return will be filed electronically.
Please schedule your appointment online by calling the Heineberg Front Desk at (802) 863-3982. We offer plenty of free parking on-site. All appointments will be held in our upstairs space; the space is accessible to folks who use walkers or wheelchairs with a lift/elevator.
On the day of your appointment, please arrive a few minutes early to fill out an intake questionnaire. Bring all of your relevant financial documents from 2022, as well as your 2021 tax return, a photo ID, and your social security card. If you have used AARP tax preparation services in the past, please bring your large envelope with you.
In order to enter our building, you must be fully-vaccinated against Covid-19, and wear a mask during your appointment. Thank you for helping to keep everyone in our community as healthy and safe as possible.
As we all spend more time inside, and visit with friends and family, it is important to remember the health and safety practices we can use to keep one another safe:
* If you have any symptoms of cold, flu, or Covid, *please stay home!* This is the best way to stop the spread of these viruses.
* If you are exposed to someone who tests positive for Covid, please complete an at-home test daily before coming into the Center, for a minimum of five days after exposure.
* Please remember that a person can be contagious even if they have no symptoms. When in doubt, please wear a mask.
* Many of us have health conditions that put us at higher risk for serious complications, or we have family members with health conditions. Please do your best to minimize possible exposures.
* Please click here for reporting protocols.
* Last winter we had to close the Center several times due to outbreaks of Covid. Let's work together to prevent that from happening this year. Thank you.
The Heineberg Community Senior Center, established in 1971, is an independent, community-based non-profit serving more than 600 participants per year.
Our mission is to promote social, physical, and emotional wellbeing to all community members 50+. We offer free and donation-based programs, meals, and activities to reduce isolation and improve social connections while empowering aging participants to take a proactive role in their quality of life.
As an independent 501(c)3 non-profit, donations support our free and donation-based meal and services provided to local seniors.
Whether you help through monetary donations, volunteering your time, or sharing information about our programs through word-of-mouth, thank you. We couldn't accomplish our goals without the help of supporters like you.